Aspire Network: Launching of My Vision for My Fiji Video
The International Youth Day celebration on 12th August 2013 was held at UNDP Conference room, Kadavu House, at 9am. About 30 Youth representative from different Organizations were present at the Launch in celebration of IYD; CCF APTC WRM UNDP were some of the many groups involved.
The programme began with a Youth song composed by local talent Natalie Raikadroka followed by the introduction and the launch of the video with Young Leaders view of their Vision for Fiji.
I have participated as one of the young Organizers for decent work among young Fijians which will then be broadcasted on You-tube and other websites.
The even also involved formal discussions on youth issues and youth organizations on how to serve young people’s interests effectively with the limited resources available. There was also a need for readily available funds for Youth Organizations to carry out their objectives. Below were suggestions and ideas proposed by young leaders who attended the programme.
Proposed Designing Youth Programs
1. Mobilizing Young People
2. Engaging between Disability
3. More funding and program for mental health
4. TOT for Youth groups
5. Peace forum
6. Youth design curriculum that includes mental health, disability, Employment rights etc
7. Empower youths and know your audience
8. Youth leaders to encourage youths to engage
9. Capitalizing on young people talents
10. Building partnership among youth to share skills and knowledge
11. Creating more jobs for young people
12. Mentors instead of role models
13. Design a template that works for us in the pacific
14. Training of representative from each province
15. Maintain peace and work together as youths, trying to archive a certain goal and a better future.